The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Monday, June 25, 2007

The Secret is out, Paul...

I just got word from my Dad and later confirmed from an email from PaulMcCartney.com that he will be playing a "secret" gig at Amoeba music in LA on Wednesday. I was all excited at first since this would be a cool show to see for a number of reasons. I've seen him twice, but I could never get tired of seeing him perform.

I decided to call Amoeba shortly after I heard the news (5:45 p.m. Pacific Time) and the lady told me already 40 people lined up. Are you kidding me? The show is not until 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday! Basically, I am going to have to camp out for close to 24 hours to even have a legit shot. They will start handing bracelets out at 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday.

So, here is my plan. I'm going to leave Kopelson at 1:00 p.m. tomorrow in an attempt to pull this off. I will basically wait in line for 24 hours and hope I get a bracelet. Still, I am going to call Amoeba before I leave to see if it is even worth it. The girl on the phone told me that they plan to let in about 400 people.

I guess it's moments like these that determine who the true fans are. I guess unemployment has its benefits. Cheers!

No comments: