The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Tough Act to Follow

My parents just left California today after being here for little over a week (May 18-May 26). During their stay I realized something more than ever. I am fucking lucky. I know everyone always says their parents are the best or they would never have anyone else, but I really mean it and I have almost 22 years to prove it.

I really have lived a great life. I have done almost everything I wanted to do (besides lose my virginity). Sometimes it just feels like a dream. A little crazy yes, but I have never claimed to be sane. I honestly believe the most successful people in history have been crazy. You have to be if you want to be something special. If everyone was sane, then they would simply follow the rules and never take any chances or seize the moment. Look for example at Walt Disney. I went to Disneyland during the past week and that was a crazy idea. Even go on some of the rides and it feels like you are on this drug trip with Mr. Toad, the Seven Dwarfs, and the Cheshire Cat. That simply proves the point of insanity.

Anyway, I have no idea where I would be without my parents. Even Grandpa has been a huge part of my life. They give and give and give and barely ever complain. It's love in the most authentic form. So as I sit here at almost 22 and just graduated from college, I now have to live up to that. I have no idea how the hell I am going to be able to give my children and grandchildren what I had through my younger years.

What it comes down to is I am going to have to work my ass off or get lucky. Because I don't plan on letting anyone down and especially not my offspring. I don't want them to grow up any different than me. It would be unfair. So let it be known now that I want to fund my grandchild's senior thesis film. Just like my grandfather did. Then, I want to get my children a new car when they graduate college. Just like my parents gave me.

In the words of Dirk Diggler, "Jealousy will get you nowhere."

I really am lucky and thank you.

No comments: